Monday, August 14, 2006

This Weeks True Patriot

Greetings Friends,

It's that time for another edition of my "true patriot" series. This week was very difficult, until, like an angel, this patriot's story fell in my lap. This week's true patriot, is America's Mother, Cindy Sheehan.



While it's no news to you friends, Ms. Sheehan has been leading the anti-war movement since losing her son in the Iraq war.

I would have saluted her earlier, but now Ms. Sheehan has truly earned the respect of us all. First she bought land near Bush's ranch in Crawford Texas, and now Mrs. Sheehan has made an even greater sacrifice.

Cindy was on a liquid diet to protest the war in Iraq for more than a month, and only ended her Ghandi-esque strike when she was hospitalized in Seattle after protesting for several days. Then she was hospitalized again in Dallas on Friday.

Talk about committment! I dare conservatives to attack this poor victim who has risen above and beyond the call of duty. She is truly a patriot of the highest degree!

I, Franklin Willington, would like to announce that I will be making a similar sacrifice. I will not drink any of my vast French Wine collection until George Bush brings the troops home. If it's not done in the next week, I will then give up my cheese assortment. It's time for bold action friends.

Thank you Cindy Sheehan for being a true patriot!

-Franklin Willington

No comments: