Thursday, September 07, 2006

Wednesday with Willington Reloaded

Greetings friends,

I have to apologize for my absence lately. As you all know, I consider myself a lifetime learner, and with school having started recently I've been bogged down with work, school, and saving the world by myself. It's hard work.

Without further ado, I bring you the rebirth of Wednesdays with Willington, leaner, meaner and more insightful than ever.

From our good friend Jack X

What needs to be done, if anything, in order to expedite the recovery of Hurricane Katrina?

Thanks for the question Jack. I've done a lot of research, mostly watching the news and listening to Kanye West, and let me tell you. I have the answer. You see, when Kanye said that George Bush hates black people, he was really just cracking the surface of a systemmic problem that plagues our government. That problem: Republicans. You see, Republicans hate black people. That's why Democrats need to take back Congress. New Orleans will only be rebuilt if there are Democrats controlling every single level of government. Republicans have long held down New Orleans and it's citizens, and it's time to take a stand. That's why I'm officially calling off my ban on liberal voting (remember when I wanted Franklin Willington day?). That's right liberals, it's time to start lining up for the November 7th elections. It's your duty.



The Rethuglican writes

If you had to pick just one, which moment in the aftermath of Katrina was President George W. Bush's strongest?-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

I don't know what moment was the strongest Teddy. Maybe it was when he was playing guitar while people were dying. Or maybe it was when he flew overhead on airforce one for his first post-Katrina photo-op. Or maybe it was when he stood in Jackson Square and promised to actually rebuild the city and create new opportunities for it's residents to become homeowners. One year, and vastly inflated home prices later, many of those residents still reside in FEMA trailers outside the city. Which of these do you view as his strongest moment Teddy?


Friends, I am glad to be with you once again. There are exciting changes ahead for FWSW. Stay tuned for our current features, The Most Overrated Presidents, True Patriots and Wednesdays with Willington. And keep an eye out for some new features and attitudes.

-Franklin Willington

1 comment:

Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

"WEDNESDAYS with Willington"? On a Thursday?

Willington, why are you cutting in on my territory? Why do you hate America?

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.