Thursday, March 20, 2008

Labor Pains: Birthing a President

Greetings Friends!

It feels good to be back! I have been on hiatus for a while now, but expect a flurry of posts keeping up with the election, leading up to the Democratic Convention in August! Frank Willington is going to Denver!

As we watch the process of that the Democratic Party has used to select a nominee, one thing is clear: Mike Gravel will be the next president of the United States. I have resigned myself to this fact. I have been a strong supporter of Senator Obama, but the recent surge in the poll numbers of Mike Gravel show that his support is too strong, and too broad to be over come. Obama may have the delegates, superdelegates and popular vote, but Mike Gravel has all the momentum.

You may ask, how did this happen? Well, first of all, Senator Obama has come under serious attack from all sides. You may have all heard about the preacher controversy surrounding the Obama campaign. Here is the attack video:

I am concerned about this attack. Clearly, this reverend does not have his entire church on the stage with him even though his audience is oddly silent. I'm sure I soon can catch him as an analyst on fox news.

So all hail to President Gravel, may he bring the troops home from Iraq. I will continue to post on the changes in the democratic race over the next few months as they develop. Hopefully Obama can bounce back. But if not, I am fully prepared to support President Mike Gravel.

-Franklin Willington

No comments: